Exceptional Quality of Life
Central Virginia has something for everyone to enjoy. From sophisticated cultural activities to outdoor recreation to Division I college sports, workers, managers, business owners, and families find their passions in Central Virginia. Central Virginia’s unmatched livability combined with desirably low cost of living and temperate climate enhances both employee recruitment and retention.
Shopping & the Arts
- Vibrant urban downtown with diverse dining and shopping opportunities
- Countless opportunities to enjoy sophisticated cultural activities, with a number of art museums and galleries, indoor and outdoor performance spaces, vineyards, and quaint downtowns, and music venues from small outdoor amphitheaters to large stadiums
- This region also provides a unique historical perspective, as it was once home to three U.S. Presidents (Jefferson, Madison and Monroe). Jefferson’s Monticello was named one of the 2012 Wonders of the World in National Geographic Traveler’s.
- Central Virginia is home to many Civil War battlefields.
- The University of Virginia was founded by Thomas Jefferson in 1819. UVA’s historic campus is considered a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Proximity to Washington, DC and Richmond for even more historical opportunities
Food & Beverage Industry
- Award winning wineries, breweries, and restaurants
- Many farmer’s markets located throughout Central Virginia
- Central Virginia has a strong ‘locavore’ movement – many restaurants feature local foods, beers, and wines and foster a supportive ‘localvore’ ecosystem.
- Outstanding elementary and secondary schools, two excellent community colleges, and the University of Virginia offer opportunities for a lifetime of learning.
- UVA brings music, arts, impressive speakers, and Division I athletics to Central Virginia
Unspoiled Natural Beauty & Outdoor Recreation
- Pastoral scenery and mountain vistas
- Ample opportunity to explore the outdoors – Blue Ridge Mountains, Appalachian Trail, the James River, and Shenandoah National Park